Aligned Bio is seeking an initiative-taking and collaborative immunoassay technician to join the Biomarker & Immunoassay team. The successful candidate will support both Research and Development to achieve company goals and help advance the company’s nanowire platform technology for biosensing.
The incumbent will support all stages of development of immunoassays inhouse and for customer projects, qualify and transfer these methods as necessary. The immunoassay technician’s work will be lab based but the person will need to be comfortable meeting with and presenting data in internal meetings This position reports to the Director of Product Technology.
- Works collaboratively on immunoassay method development, participates in method qualifications/transfers, performs testing of samples as part of prototype development and optimization of assay chemistry.
- Assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Reviews technical data for completeness and correctness. Performs self-review and peer review of the data ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Delivers timely and impactful data to help build process and product knowledge to meet project milestones and associated regulatory requirements; this includes the design of protocols, execution of experiments, and reporting and documenting data in technical reports.
Communicates data and technical issues to internal stakeholders and responds to partner needs and questions.
Processes data with appropriate statistical analysis and deliver experimental reports and data summaries to internal teams.
Contributes to creation and writing of standardized protocols.
MSc or BS in biology, molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, or a related field
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- MSc or BS with 0 – 2 years of relevant industry experience in an research and development setting
- Background in immunology, molecular biology, or pharmaceutical chemistry, including experience with enzyme-linked immunoassays using various technologies, nucleic acid, and protein quantification is highly desired.
- The successful candidate must take accountability and possess effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, and possess a commitment to team success.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Experience documenting experimental results and instrument performance in laboratory notebooks and electronic databases.
Apply to this position by sending your CV and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org